Have you been considering taking on a home renovation project but simply don’t know where to start? Possibly increase the value of your home and freshen up your space, but aren’t sure where you can get the most bang for your buck? Look no further my friends, the answer is, literally, right in front of you – your front door.
In fact, for a seller, painting a front door is one of the least expensive home prep projects, but also one that can have a powerful impact on a home’s sale price. According to this article from realtor.com, updating your front door is the number one home update for getting the best return on investment (ROI). For a quick and easy guide to painting your front door, check out this link -> https://www.hgtv.com/design/outdoor-design/outdoor-spaces/how-to-paint-a-front-door
Once you have made your new door sparkle and shine, send us an email to Cynthia@cclarkson.com with a PHOTO of your new door, or of your own current fabulous front door. We will be selecting a winner for a $100 gift card to Home Depot on December 30th of this year !
Aside from the beneficial financial aspect of this simple home upgrade, giving your front door a fresh coat of paint can be a simple yet fun way to reflect yourself and your lifestyle. Your front door should be the focal point of the front of your home, it should make a statement while still blending in to the surrounding environment. Check out the following top trending front door colors and what they could say about your home.
1. AQUA/TURQUOISE – This refreshing color reflects a hopeful and positive homestead. Try this color on a white, grey, or taupe colored exterior. Try Nifty Turquoise from Sherwin Williams
2. DEEP BLUE – This color shows people that you are grounded and peaceful. It looks especially stunning on a white home. Try painting the trim around the door the same shade of blue for a unique update. Try Sherwin Williams Cyberspace.
3. YELLOW – This color shows people that you have a bright personality… and home! This color is always invigorating to see as you walk up to your home. Try Satin Happy Yellow from Modern Masters.
4. RED – Red is bold, like you! Your front door will simply be an extension of your outgoing personality. Red matches especially well with white, blue, light brown, and grey colored homes. Try Frosted Pomegranate by Behr.
5. BLACK – A sleek black door leaves an air of elegance and mystery about any home, likely the same way you appear to others. This door color is modern and luxurious, yet highly refined. This simple shade is actually the number one door color for 2018, according to Realtor.com. Try Deep Space by Behr for a stunning new look.
6. Purple – A purple front door is unique, bold, and slightly whimsical. You march to the beat of your own drum and you love trying something new. To showcase your joie de vivre, try painting your door with Majestic Purple from Sherwin Williams.
7. Orange – This bright color reflects your vibrance and energy, along with your unique personality. Check out Civara by Behr.